9.16.2009

inspiration rambling

I have to convey to you in some magical way that will actually make you ***feel*** this ---- right here in my stomach, and the back of my throat is a burbling, tickling (hunger? nahhh) --- it's inspiration.

I felt it so strongly last night, and I decided to stage my own wondrous dream of my junk drawer, which is pretty much ripped off of Paho Mann's piece. Of course, dear Paho's drawer is the sanitized version of my gallimaufry collection of randomness. After taking pics, I started making some weird spring girl with a spare bead and a Play Mobil ponytail. Then I needed to touch my clippings, and move them around, and feel like I was creating something new. Are these new sewn creations missing something? Should I also be working on some stand alone collages?
Here's my drawer, and please, you'd be ridiculous to think that these things are just thrown in here. ;)

Sunday Jennifer & B & I went to see Eunice Parsons' show, and a film about her creative process at the Hallie Ford. She's a firecracker of spirit! Just thiking about being that dedicated and in love with making art when you're 92 just about does me in----I mean really, HOT DAMN!

It's all ruminating in there, and finally things are being made.

1 comment:

BK said...

In 2543 years, you will BE Eunice. Would it be too much to ask for a link to Dan May? My gut is also alight with the glowy glory of inspiration. Or possibly it's caramel. The two are closely related.