7.12.2010

monday dreaming

I have had a heaping spoonful of joy these last few days and it's warmed my soul. I am feeling a sparkly tingling that has a very strong resemblance to that of the elusive inspiration. I'm all bubbly like hot jam, but I'm so tingly that it has made me sleepy.

The clouds and the cool rolled in today and it has given my fluttery brain a day of rest which I appreciate. All that hot summer sun has been baking hope and joy into me and now I just need a moment to figure out what to do with it. I have been cleaning and decluttering the cocoon that I live in. What a difference a weekend makes. And now I have Dinah Washington's illustrious voice in my head... sighs all around.

I have two very important suggestions for you:
1. Watch A Single Man. I am still trying to replay the entire film in my head. If you were to ever ponder the kind of movies that FLOOR me, the kind of movies that make me REMEMBER why I adore cinema and life and beauty, well this is one of the finest examples.

2. DO the Cascade Head Trail hike just north of Otis on the coast. This is LITERALLY the view I witnessed yesterday. It's SICK yo!


1 comment:

Jacob Blankenship said...

yeah, that movie was SO good. I have been thinking about it every since we watched it. So beautiful. Oh, Tom Ford.