8.13.2010

friday of love and wonderment

I've been adding to my Happy List again (as seen on yesterday's post). I have found that going through the list is so COZY. Cozy is a big deal to me lately. It reminds me of Level 2 in Shambhala where you learn about the strength of your cocoon -- all those habitual comforts and shields we have blockading us from truly experiencing the present. We all do it for different reasons. Sometimes I have to indulge a lot before I can sit up with a good strong back and work on discipline.

So I do! Rewatching my favorite movies. Listening to old cds. Going through old clothes. Seeing fantastic old friends. Reading old letters. When I clean up my artspace I find a myriad of sentiment. My heart is so tender and open. I fear for its safety so I just want to take a giant quilt of all of these cozzzzzy things and burrito swaddle myself in it.

I feel that it's getting close to time to break out of the shell a bit and explore some new surroundings. Maybe that will be just in time for autumn?

No comments: